Apple Cranberry Compote
Apple Cranberry Compote is a great Fall recipe but you can easily make this dessert with any berry in season.
You could use Rome or Braeburn apples and Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries or your own favorite berry.
The recipe calls for port wine but if you do not want to use that, just substitute with an equal measure of orange or apple juice plus 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Apple Cranberry Compote Recipe
- 6 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Port wine
- Sour cream
- Arrange apple slices and cranberries in crockpot.
- Sprinkle sugar over the fruits.
- Add orange peel, water and wine.
- Stir to mix ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm fruits with the juices, topped with a dab of sour cream.