Asian Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Another slow cooker ribs recipe, this time Asian Baby Back Ribs. The love of ribs is international!
The orange zest, anise seeds and cinnamon sticks all add to the fragrance of this dish.
Crockpot or Slow Cooker Asian Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 2 lbs baby back ribs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons grated orange or lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 1/2 cup sherry wine or madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt for seasoning
- Season ribs with some salt.
- Brown ribs together with garlic, cinnamon sticks, orange zest and anise seeds in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Drain off excess fat and transfer ribs into the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Add sherry, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, tomato and thyme to the ribs.
- Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes to char the ribs (optional step). If you do this, watch it carefully coz they burn easily!