Baked Stuffed Apples
This is a simple Baked Stuffed Apples recipe. The recipe calls for tart apples but feel free to substitute your own favorite type of baking apple. For a sweeter flavor, you could try Braeburn apples.
Baked Stuffed Apples Recipe
- 6 medium tart apples (e.g. Granny Smith)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 tablespoon orange peel -- grated
- 1/4 cup butter -- softened
- 2 cups water -- very hot
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- Wash, core and stem the apples, but don't peel them.
- Stand them in a buttered mold.
- Stuff them with 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, raisins and orange peel.
- Fill the tops of the core cavities with butter and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Place the mold in the slow cooker and pour the hot water into the cooker.
- Sprinkle the orange juice concentrate over the apples.
- Cover the cooker and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours, or until the apples are tender.