Barbeque Chicken Recipe
Who doesn't love Barbeque Chicken? This version for the slow cooker or crockpot will please you too!
The recipe contains classic ingredients for barbeque sauce. If you like a thicker sauce, make 2 batches. Use 1 batch to cook with and discard after the chicken is cooked. Then shred the chicken, place back into the slow cooker or crockpot and pour the 2nd batch of sauce over it.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Barbeque Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red hot pepper flakes (more or less up to the cook!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt for seasoning
- Combine ketchup through garlic powder and mix well.
- Season chicken with some salt and place in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Pour the ketchup mixture over the chicken, coating it well with the sauce.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked all the way through.
- Then shred or cut up the chicken, and put it back into the Barbecue sauce in the pot.
- Serve with rolls.