Black Bean Sauce Spareribs Recipe
Another Chinese spareribs recipe that is well-loved : Black Bean Sauce Spareribs.
This is quite a common recipe and often found served at Dim Sum restaurants. The usual method of preparation is by steaming the ribs.
I've adapted the recipe for the slow cooker or crockpot here.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Black
Bean Sauce Spareribs
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1/3 cup Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt for seasoning
- Lightly season pork with some salt.
- Brown spareribs over medium high heat. Drain excess fat.
- Remove and place spareribs in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine Black Bean Garlic Sauce through cornstarch.
- Pour sauce and rub over ribs.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours or until spareribs are tender.
- Serve the Black Bean Sauce Spareribs with steamed rice.