Most people love Caramel Apples, I know I do! And you can make them in your slow cooker or crockpot.
You can use your favorite type of baking apple such as Granny Smith (tart), Rome or Braeburn.
Cardamom is an ancient spice and comes from the seeds of a ginger-like plant. Thus, if you do not have it at hand, just substitute it with equal measure of ground ginger. Ground cinnamon should be fine too.
Caramel Apples Recipe
- 2 medium apples
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 7 ozs caramel candies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Peel, core and cut each apple into 18 wedges; set aside.
- Combine apple juice, unwrapped caramel candies, vanilla, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Place this mixture in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Drop peanut butter, 1 tsp at a time, over ingredients in crock pot and stir.
- Add apple wedges; cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Stir thoroughly, then cook 1 hour more.
- Serve over a slice of angel food cake or ice cream.