Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu is thin slices of chicken breast stuffed with cheese and ham and you can actually make it in the slow cooker or crockpot!
Cordon Bleu is French for "blue ribbon". Supposedly blue ribbons were handed out for culinary excellence back in the days.
I generally do not like to use condensed soups because they're very high in sodium. But low sodium ones are available now.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 6 pieces boneless chicken breasts, skinned and pounded thin
- 6 pieces of ham
- 6 slices of Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 1 can low sodium cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk (low fat, if desired)
- Place a slice of ham and cheese on a piece of chicken.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker or crockpot .
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for the rest of the chicken.
- Combine condensed soup with milk.
- Pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve this Chicken Cordon Bleu over noodles or crusty