Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
There is nothing more comforting than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup, especially when it's home made!
The recipe is very simple. Put all the ingredients and cook it on low for several hours. Add noodles the last 30 minutes and turn on high.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine or butter
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 2 pound skinned, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt margarine in the slow cooker pot or a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, onion, peas and celery; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add broth, water, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk; bring to a boil.
- Cover and place pot on slow cooker base.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add noodles and cook on high for 30 minutes. reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add noodles and chicken, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.