Chili Plum Sauce Spareribs Recipe
Chili Plum Sauce Spareribs is another great spareribs recipe. It is sweet, slightly sour and slightly spicy!
Plum Sauce is an Asian sweet and sour sauce made from plums (of course!), apricot, sugar and other ingredients.
You should be able to find it in an Asian grocery store since it is a commonly used ingredient in Chinese cooking.
There are many brands of sweet chili sauce but my favorite is the Thai Mae Ploy brand.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Chili
Plum Sauce Spareribs
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 1/4 cup Plum Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt for seasoning
- Season pork with some salt.
- Brown spareribs over medium high heat. Drain excess fat.
- Remove and place spareribs in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine minced ginger through cornstarch.
- Pour sauce and rub over ribs.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours or until spareribs are tender.
- Optional step: Brush ribs with some plum sauce or sweet chili sauce and broil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the Chili Plum Sauce Spareribs with more plum sauce or sweet chili sauce, if desired.