Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Corned Beef and Cabbage go hand in hand with Saint Patrick's Day and with this recipe, you can now celebrate in style!
While the dish is often associated with the Irish, there were actually no mention of the dish in earlier St. Patrick's Day celebrations in the 1800s.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 3 lb corned beef brisket
- 3 carrots, cut 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 small head of cabbage, sliced
- Place corned beef in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine carrots through cornstarch. Mix Well.
- Pour over corned beef and mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add cabbage and cook on high for another 3 hours.
- Serve this Corned Beef and Cabbage on Patrick's Day or any other day!