Easy Pepper Steak Recipe
There are many versions of Pepper Steaks and this is one of the easier ones. This is a colorful dish with tomatoes, green and yellow bell peppers.
You could substitute the bell peppers and onion with frozen stir-fry vegetables if you like. We just prefer to use fresh vegetables when we can.
Easy Pepper Steak
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, trimmed and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepeer, diced
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Brown meat in the slow cooker pot or large skillet on both sides in hot oil.
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together undrained stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over meat.
- Add onion and bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.