Salsa Chicken Recipe
This Salsa Chicken is another Mexican inspired recipe. The ingredients include black beans, corn and thick salsa.
To spice it up, add 1 to 2 diced jalapeno or Serrano peppers.
While you can melt the cheese in the slow cooker or crockpot, I prefer the alternative way of melting the cheese under the broiler. Try it and you'll see!
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Place in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine beans through cornstarch. Mix Well.
- Pour over chicken and mix well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover and cook on high for about 15 minutes or till the cheese melts. Alternatively, remove chicken and place on a shallow baking. Sprinkle cheese and broil for about 5 minutes.
- Serve this Salsa Chicken with rice and/or tortillas.