Easy Thai Chicken Recipe
This easy Thai Chicken recipe features "classic" Thai-style ingredients such as peanut butter and lime juice!
You can use ready-made salsa or make your own. The cornstarch helps to thicken the gravy.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Easy Thai Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs skinless chicken (about 4 pieces breast or 8 pieces of thighs)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon of lime juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season chicken with some salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine salsa through cornstarch and mix well.
- Pour over chicken and make sure the chicken is well-coated with mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add lime juice, stir well and serve.
- Optional step: Remove chicken pieces, place slow cooker over medium heat and boil the remainder juice for a minute. This helps to thicken the sauce further.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Serve this easy Thai chicken over steamed rice.