Spicy Korean Chicken Barbeque Recipe
This Spicy Korean Chicken Barbeque is an adaptation of a pork recipe that I like to make, cooked the slow cooker or crockpot way, of course.
The original Korean way is to barbeque the meat but when it is over 100 degrees out here in the summer, slow cooking is a better option!
Also, the meats should be sliced very thinly but since we are cooking this in a slow cooker for a long period of time, I don't bother with that - 1/2 inch thick is fine.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Spicy Korean Chicken Barbeque Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- salt for seasoning
- Lightly season chicken with some salt.
- Combine brown sugar to garlic in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over chicken and marinate overnight.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve this flavorful Korean chicken barbeque with steamed rice.