Lemon Chicken Recipe
Lemon Chicken is a dish you've probably ordered at Chinese restaurants. It's actually quite an easy dish to make and here, I've adapted it for the slow cooker or crockpot.
The restaurant way is to use thin slices of chicken breast, deep fry them and then pour the sauce over the chicken.
Here we just put everything into the slow cooker and let it work its course. If you don't mind the bones, you can save yourself some work and money and just use boned-in chicken.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breast or thighs (boneless if you prefer)
- 6 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Lightly season chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over chicken and marinate overnight.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve the lemon chicken with steamed rice or angel