Lemonade Chicken Recipe
Lemonade Chicken - a twist on the lemon chicken you might often find on a Chinese restaurant menu.
This recipe caught my eye initially because of the special ingredient, frozen lemonade!
If you look at the other ingredients - ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar, they are very similar to those in a sweet and sour sauce.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Lemonade Chicken Recipe
- 4 pieces chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- salt for seasoning
- Combine lemonade through vinegar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Season chicken with some salt.
- Pour lemonade mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker pot or crockpot.
- Simmer the remainder of the sauce over medium heat.
- Combine 2 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoon water and add to the sauce.
- Stir till thicken.
- Serve sauce over chicken.