Meat Loaf Recipe
This is a classic homestyle meat loaf recipe that can be cooked in a slow cooker. You can even prepare it the night before, leave it in the refrigerator overnight and turn it on in the morning.
You'll come home to a simple yet delicious dinner!
Slow Cooker Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- Cooking spray
- Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, oats (or breadcrumbs) and next 6 ingredients (oats through eggs) in a large bowl.
- Add meat; stir just until blended.
- Shape meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush 1/4 cup ketchup over meat loaf.
- Place loaf pan on a rack in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.