Orange Char Siu Spareribs Recipe
Orange Char Siu Spareribs is a Chinese inspired recipe that uses a commercially available Char Siu sauce.
"Char Siu" is the Chinese barbeque sauce. If you've ever had barbeque pork buns at a Dim Sum restaurant, they are referred to as "char siu" buns.
You can find the sauce at Asian grocery stores
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Orange
Char Siu Spareribs Recipe
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 2/3 cup Char Siu sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- salt for seasoning
- Lightly season pork with some salt.
- Brown spareribs over medium high heat. Drain excess fat.
- Remove and place spareribs in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine Char Siu Sauce through cornstarch.
- Pour and rub over ribs.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours or until spareribs are tender.
- Optional step: Remove spareribs and place on foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- Brush honey over ribs and broil for about 5 minutes.
- These Orange Char Siu Spareribs are great as appetizers or main dish.