Orange Hoisin Spareribs Recipe
Orange Hoisin Spareribs is another Asian inspired sparerib recipe. Hoisin sauce is made out of soybeans and is thick, dark and sweet.
These days, you can easily find Hoisin Sauce on the Asian aisle of most grocery stores.
Hoisin sauce is a regular companion of Vietnamese food such as the Pho Noodle Soup and Chinese food such as the Moo Shoo dishes.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Orange
Hoisin Spareribs Recipe
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 2/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt for seasoning
- Lightly season pork with some salt.
- Brown spareribs over medium high heat. Drain excess fat.
- Remove and place spareribs in the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Combine Hoisin Sauce through cornstarch. Optional: set aside about 1/4 cup.
- Pour and rub over ribs.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours or until spareribs are tender.
- Optional step: Remove spareribs and place on foil-lined shallow baking pan. Brush leftover sauce over ribs and broil for about 5 minutes.
- These Orange Hoisin Spareribs are great as finger food.