Chickpea, Tomato and Pasta Soup
This Chickpea, Tomato and Pasta Soup is a great meal in itself. With ingredients like chickpeas and pasta, this soup will sure fill you up!
Mediterranean Chickpea, Tomato, and Pasta Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in the slow cooker pot or in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add the water and next 6 ingredients (water through tomatoes).
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and place pot on slow cooker base or transfer ingredients into crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Add pasta to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for another 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in chopped parsley.