Pork Roast Recipe
This pork roast recipe is another easy one. If you do not have Adobo sauce, you may just use salt and pepper.
Adobo sauce originated from Mexico and is used as a serving sauce or as a marinade for meat, poultry and seafood.
This sauce or paste usually contains ground chiles, vinegar, garlic and spices. It adds great flavor to the dish.
POT ROASTED PORK
- 3 pound pork roast
- Salt and Pepper or Adobo
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small onion sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tb wine
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour (for thickening)
- Trim excess fat from roast.
- Sprinkle with Adobo or salt and pepper.
- Rub the roast with the crushed garlic.
- Place the sliced onion in the crockpot or slow cooker.
- Add the seasoned roast.
- Add bay leaf, soy sauce, wine, sugar and the cilantro.
- Sprinkle everything with flour, for thickening while it cooks.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.