Sweet and Tangy Short Ribs Recipe
Sweet and Tangy Short Ribs - the name says it all. Sweet from the honey or maple syrup and tangy from the vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
You can certainly use baby back ribs instead of short ribs.
In my opinion, Short ribs are better than baby back ribs because they have more meat thus more for me to eat!
Crockpot or Slow Cooker Tangy Short Ribs Recipe
- 4 lbs Beef Short Ribs (or baby back ribs)
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3-4 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season short ribs with some salt and pepper.
- Combine ketchup through allspice in a bowl.
- Brown ribs in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain off excess fat and transfer ribs into the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Pour mixture over the ribs and coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes to caramelize the sauce and char the ribs (optional step).