Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe
This Teriyaki Chicken Wings recipe can serve as an appetizer or even main course, served with steam rice.
Drumettes or drumsticks can also substitute for the wings. You can also use low sodium soy sauce if you're watching your salt intake.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt for seasoning
- Cut off wing tips and discard.
- Cut each wing into 2 pieces if desired.
- Lightly season wings or drumettes with some salt (optional).
- Transfer to slow cooker or crock pot.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken wings.
- Cook, covered, on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir once or twice to keep wings coated with sauce.
- Remove wings and placed on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Pour some of the remaining liquid over the wings.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or
until wings are nicely glazed.